Friday, March 27, 2009

The Outdoor Hour


I am really excited about this Blogging Nature Study I came across! I had no idea all these opportunities were out there. I love blogging!

I was going to go back to the first Outdoor Hour Challenge and start from there, but I am so excited about this week’s challenge I think I’ll do that first and then go back. It is a bird nature study. We have kept a bird journal since the kids were little, but it was only a record of the kinds of birds that came to our feeder. This bird study goes a little further. I don’t have The Handbook of Nature Study, yet, but followed the link at Barb’s site and read what I was supposed to online, then I made these notes (Bird Nature Study pages.pdf) to use when we start our bird nature study this week (I can’t wait!). I also downloaded the iBird app for my ipod touch. It was the most expensive app I’ve ever sprung for, but I’ve been thinking about buying a book that had a speaker feature for bird songs for a while, and this has the same thing, so I think it was a good purchase. We’ll see. Hope to start our bird study on Tuesday (co-op classes on Monday). Will post how it goes.




1 comment:

  1. (moved from my old blog)

    Barb-Harmony Art Mom

    Welcome to the challenges! I really look forward to following your family's adventures. I would love to hear how the iBird works in your family! Please keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...