Saturday, March 28, 2009

Yippee! A Flower Study!



Barb over at the Handbook of Nature Study blog has created a new challenge: the Wednesday Flower Study. Last year we did a nature journal entry, Da Vinci style, where we disected a flower and drew all the different parts. We had a lot of fun doing that, but I had forgotten all about it, until I saw Barb's challenge. I'm excited about trying to do it every week!

Here's a tentative list of flowers I'd like to study over the next few months, as they appear. The kids may lead us in a different direction.

Dandelions
Cosmos (my favorite flower!)
Daisy
Tulip
Sunflower
Marigold
Dogwood blossom

Follow the challenge here: Wednesday Flower Study

1 comment:

  1. I love your list of flowers! I am anxious to see the dogwood bloom in our neighborhood...it is getting close.

    I love cosmos too and we have quite a variety of colors in our garden. They are such happy flowers.

    I am so glad that you are participating and I will be looking for your entries.

    Barb-Harmony Art Mom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...