Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Day in the Life...

This may end up being a reeeeally long post, so you may want to sit down and grab a cup of coffee (or grab the coffee, then sit down), or, take this opportunity to run quickly away before I get started. Just wanted to warn ya'...

When sorting through some papers the other day, I came across one of my written-out daily schedules from a few years ago- you know, the 7:00 - wake up, do Bible study, 8:00 - wake up darling children with a hug and a smile, feed family a healthy breakfast, slop the pigs, milk the cows, 9:00 - start school, teach kids reading, math, handwriting, science, history, social skills, bible, art, music, horseback riding, swimming, gymnastics, philanthropy, first aid, polo, how to save the world, etc., etc. Even though most of my schedules turn out to be totally unrealistic (somedays I barely make it past the "wake up" part), I was surprised to see how much our daily schedule had changed over the last couple of years, and how much I had forgotten about the daily happenings of those earlier days. Sooooo,

I decided to start making myself take a day every few months and record it (how it really happened) in pictures from beginning to end, to help me remember what was going on in our homeschool and family life.

So, here is TODAY, Monday, May 18, 2009, in pictures...

7:00:

Feed the critters

set up the wii to do wii fit

then go to this white appliance instead and stay there for an hour

8:00:

CarriBear is still sleeping like an angel...

...but Lil' Diva is up and ready for her morning milk

turns out MyBuddy is up, too, but is being more stealth about it so he can have a few more minutes on his DS

BeachPea is up soon, too, and it's not long before she's plugged in, too.

Piper is up and ready to play, too

9:00:

everyone is up and it's time for one of those "healthy" breakfasts

Piper reminds me I haven't done the wii fit, yet (okay, okay)

Lil' Diva joins in on the "fun"
(the "warrior pose")

10:00:

we finish the last chapters of the latest Magic Tree House book, this one about the ocean

11:00:

the girls work on a self-imposed cartoon horse drawing lesson while I help big brother with school


MyBuddy finishes his 50-lesson on-line reading comprehension program at readingupgrade.com!

little sisters come to see what all the excitement is about

12:00:

Grumpy (Grandpa), finds some quality reading material in the car while he waits (and waits, and waits) for all of us to get ready to go into town after lunch

1:00:

BeachPea at her dance lesson (recital next week!)

little sister can't wait for her turn to dance someday

CarriBear has fun playing with another waiting little sister in the lobby of the dance studio. They come prepared with Petshops and tea sets every week.

2:00:

MyBuddy at gymnastics class

more lobby-waiting fun for the girls

3:00:

to Target for icees, popcorn, and shopping

4:00:

BeachPea has been amazing about saving up her money from birthdays, Christmases, and allowances for the last several years. She finally saved up enough, with a little help from Grumpy, to buy her own laptop! Here, we are at Best Buy, hopelessly sorting through all the choices, while the kids find some "toys" to play with. (Sigh... I have hopes of organizing a homeschool orchestra next fall, but I may not be able to get my own kids away from the electric guitar!)

5:00:

dinner at The Golden Corral with the grandparents

6:00:

BACK to Best Buy to finally make our decision (had to discuss it over dinner, of course)

8:00:

BeachPea with her new prize!

9:00:

My naughty daughter sneaks a friend into her bed. They were just too cute to disturb.
Good night!

What is a day in the life of YOUR family like? If you post about it, let me know in the comments! I'd love to hear about it!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your day! It's always so good to see how other h.s. moms run their days. (Or sometimes how the day runs us! lol) Yours starts earlier than mine, I am a hopeless night owl so I don't get up till 8:00, no matter how many times I've tried to rewrite my schedule otherwise. We have those same "healthy" breakfasts too! And it makes me feel so much better to know that my kids aren't the only ones that "plug in" as soon as humanly possible! You've inspired me to put our day into pictures. I think I'll do that tomorrow, our last full day of school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I really like the new look of your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...