Tuesday, May 19, 2009

More Petshop schoolin'

Help - my girls have gone Littlest Petshop toy crazy. All they want to do is play with them. But, that's not necessarily a bad thing, I guess, because for once they are dropping their sibling squawbles so they can pool their critters and play together, and I certainly can't complain about the peace and quiet that comes with that. Plus we've found a few creative ways to use them to make school a little more interesting.

Today we played another game of Petshop Math, and even my 8 yo had fun. Then, BeachPea was supposed to put on a play of the Little Red Hen with finger puppets for her literature study, but begged to be allowed to use the Petshop toys instead. She put on a really great show, because she was doing it with something she loves. When Lil' Diva came in and saw all the fun she wanted a part of it, too, so I let her play a matching game with the discarded finger puppet pictures and the petshops (a dog, a duck, a cat, and an ostrich (didn't have a hen)). I'm beginning to dream of all the possibilities here, like petshop letters, petshop stories, petshop art lessons, color sorting, animal classification.... hmmm. Who needs textbooks when you have petshops?

"Not I," said the duck

animal match


And of course, they make great laptop buddies.

1 comment:

  1. Again.... I love it! That's what homeschooling is all about. :-)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...