Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Lovin' Summer part 2

A few more reasons I love summer....

bounty from the garden...


dirty faces...


something to do...

cool things that come out at night...

budding photographers...

staying cool in the shade...

but let's get real here. My favorite thing about summer is staying cool inside in the A/C...



Also, please take a moment to go here and read about the President's hope to ratify the UN Convention of the Rights of the Child. Then follow the link at the bottom of the page to contact your government representatives and urge them to fight to block this ratification. Our voices can only be heard if we speak out loud.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link - I went to it and emailed my senator. I called the Washington line but finally hung up I was on hold too long. I'll try again. Did you call and get through?

    P.S. I'm totally and completely jealous of your garden. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for helping out on this! Here is another e-mail update I got: says Susan Rice is not on the automated directory, so to dial the main number - 1-212-415-4000, then dial 6. Or dial her office directly at 1-212-415-4404.You'll have to leave a message.

    And if it makes you feel better, most of the shots in this post are actually from my mother-in-law's garden next door, which we raided while she was out of town :). Our garden at our house is not quite as lush (unless you count weeds as lush :)).But we have had a pretty good crop of squash and cucumbers, and corn is almost ready! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...