Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Summertime Blues

Am I the only one?

One the hardest times of the year for me is the last few weeks of summer, when I'm having to stay busy getting stuff ready for the upcoming school year, both at home and for our homeschooling group (and now the homeschool orchestra). What's hard is trying to keep the kids entertained while doing this, because, strangely, they don't magically disappear just because I have other things to do.

In some ways I think it's good for the kids to get a little bored, so they are at least a little bit ready to begin school when the time comes, but I still have pretty major guilt when I've left them to their own devices ALL day long. So I'm trying to make myself break away from my school planning several times a day to try to do SOMEthing fun with the kids.

Here's some of yesterday's stuff:

The girls made tissue paper vases. We didn't have any mod podge, so we made a homemade version with equal parts glue and water.

It was a good project for fun cutting practice for Lil' Diva.

Here's a video on how to make the flowers:




And here's a few shots of our theatrical production of The 3 Little Pigs:

1 comment:

  1. I so completely understand that. In fact, we've begun shrinking our summer and going more and more toward year-round schooling for that simple fact. Two months is just too long for them, and they are so bored and ready to begin school again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...