Thursday, October 29, 2009

Holiday fun, pt. 2

I couldn't quite bring myself to let us take a complete fall break, yet, but we are all in need of a turn from the normal routine, so we've spent most of our school time this week doing holiday-ish activities. It may be too late to share these links, but in case you need some last minute keep-'em-busy-on-the-days-before-halloween activities, I'm sharing these...

These cute "Christian Pumpkins", complete with face cut-outs and a poem, are over at 1+1+1=1.


I saw this idea on another blog, but I can't find which one it was, so please forgive me for not giving credit if this is yours. Bad blogger. But you use dog bone biscuits to make bone prints for a skeleton hand. A good tie in to a human body study (even tho' ours didn't quite turn out to be anatomically correct). Bad homeschool teacher.

I didn't take pics, but we also used some of the cute halloween printables at this Activity Village site. And some more educational ones for the older kids here.

And here's a little randomness...

Not only has Lil' Diva been eating too much candy lately, but apparently she's also been forgetting to brush her teeth :).

And had to share our sunrise here at Lorienna this morning...

Hope you're having a fun week!

2 comments:

  1. I really like the dog bone activity! I wonder if the neighbors have bones for their dog.....

    I still can't get in the groove of school, and we already had a break! What's the deal with October?

    Your kids' costumes looked great in your previous post - and I can't believe how well the doll dresses turned out. You are the official Cool Mom of Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the look of your blog!

    I homeschool my 5 year old daughter but my son now attends a Christian school for 2nd grade. But I am really considering homeschooling him again....it seems God is nudging me in that direction.

    However, reading your blog makes me EXHAUSTED just thinking about it!! You do so much! How DO you do it??

    Anyway, glad to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...