Friday, February 26, 2010

White board magic

Wanted to share what's been a little boost to our homeschool lately - my dad found a bunch of these "personal-sized" white boards at a thrift store, and they've been a school tool and a toy all in one. BeachPea, who has never been too crazy about practicing writing or spelling on paper, has been begging me for words to write and spell on her white board. And she brings me her board all day long, asking me to write the hardest math problems I can think of, then she skips off happily to do her math - for fun!

And all the kids LOVE to draw on their boards. And I can take a picture of their masterpieces when they're done, instead of having a stack of papers to keep up with (because no way can I ever throw away one of their precious works of art!)







My husband found some great dry erase markers at Wal-mart - they're called Expo "Click" and I love them because there's no tops to keep up with. And they write really well.



At this time of year, when we're all pining for a Spring Break, we'll take anything we can get to make school more interesting. And hey, we're saving trees, too. Go us!

3 comments:

  1. we used white boards for spelling, math, outlining reports and writing lessons, there are so many things you can do with these. great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing young students like more than doodling on their own whiteboard! When I taught 2nd grade, I gave each student his own board and marker, and that kept them occupied all year if they finished work while others were still working! I got mine at Home Depot--selected a large piece of whiteboard and had them cut them for me. Didn't cost much at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am very impressed with the artwork. Great job, girls. Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...