Monday, May 31, 2010

Smoky Mountain Convert (for today, anyway)

After falling in love with Colorado when my husband and I moved there for a little while after our marriage, I'm more of a Rocky Mountain kinda girl.

But I have to admit, the Blue Ridge mountains were awfully pretty on our drive to visit my cousins in North Carolina this weekend.

I guess I even kind of enjoyed them.

mt1

mt2
The cloud factory was working hard today.

mt5

mt3
Happy cousins

mt6

mt4


mt8
neighborhood horses

mt9

mt99

n1
mountains and horses are almost as good together as dogs and beaches :)


n2

n4
I have a thing for palominos and buckskins.
Aside from their funny faces (they were shaking off flies), aren't they beautiful?


n5

n8
This was the gorgeous view from the porch of my cousin's mountain home. A pretty creek was down at the bottom. Every now and then we'd see a group of tubers floating by.


n9

o1

o2

o3
Amazing to watch the sky change by the minute.


o4


o9
this was taken about a mile from our house on the way back.

No offense to the Rockies, but "almost home" isn't so bad either.
:)


And thank you to all those soldiers, their families and loved-ones, who sacrificed to keep our "home" free and safe. Happy Memorial Day.



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos. And, I love the "cloud factory." :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely scenery! and what a great view from their porch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...absolutely stunning!

    I loved your fav things about homeschooling post, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...