Saturday, June 26, 2010

Girls' Week Out, part 2

gwo1
As my son continued with his morning drum camp this week, my daughters and I kept busy in town, since it's really too far for us to drive home and back before he finishes.

One small drawback to country life. But I'm not complainin', really.

One day we went to a local park, which has a great playground (but this week it truly was as hot there as that volcano...whew!)

We spent most of our time there hanging out in the shade with the ducks.

gwo9a


gwo2
"Psst. Hey you..."

gwo3
"...yeah, you, with the camera on your face. Got any food?"

gwo4
"Ahem!"
(oh no, it's mom!)

gwo5-1
"What did I tell you about talking to humans?"

gwo6
"sorry mom."

gwo7
"okay human..."

qwo8
"isn't there somewhere else you need to be?"


gwo9b

h1
Whoa. Hello.

gwo9e


gwo9
"Psst. Hey you, got any food?"

gwo9c

gwo9d


gwo9g
"Psst. You there. Got any food?"

h3


h4
"Yuck! Whatever made you guys think we like MOLDY bread, anyway?"

h7
Awww, wittle baby duckies!

h9
I just love it when they go bottoms up.

h2
Speaking of bad hair days,
you just got to click over to Dana's blog and see her amazing picutres there today.

h5
I don't actually know how many pictures of ducks and geese you might want to see,
but I'm betting it might be less than what I'm showing you.

Feel free to scroll down and skip to the end.

h6
I won't mind.

h9b
though the ducks may be a little offended.

h8
but I won't tell them, I promise.

h9a
Aw, but how can you not be dying over those little furry bundles of adorableness?

h9c
I could have watched them all day.

h9e

h9f

h9g

h9h

h9i
Okay, enough feathers for now.

gwo9i
Back to the playground.


gwo9m
Afterwards we went to the "blue bookstore", which is what my son has always called Books-a-Million (because the letters in their sign were blue). BeachPea made her momma proud and actually looked at some BOOKS.

gwo9n
While certain other folks went over to the bug-eyed lemur aisle.

gwo9o
And stayed there the whole time.

gwo9p
Then we picked up big brother and met Daddy for lunch.

Bug-eyed lemurs and all.

1 comment:

  1. OK. I get it. Your town is populated by ducks and geese. Humans can visit. That explains why there are no other people in the photos. Lovely pictures and an amazing playpark.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...