Thursday, July 29, 2010

Cow Play

This Week's You Capture Challenge over at I Should Be Folding Laundry is PLAY.

Even though I have four children for whom this theme couldn't be more perfect,

Here I am back in the cow pasture.


c1
But, it's just that we had another new baby born, and it was a brown one,
and I love the brown ones.

(I call this one Rainbow, because we saw this:
rainbow
moments before we discovered him out in the pasture for the first time. Aww.)


c2
...and even though he was probably less than a day old,


c3
he was already running up to PLAY with our dog Piper.


c6
Piper, who is a little bit chicken about the big cows, was thrilled to have one to PLAY with who was a little closer to her size.

c7
This is one of those times when I wish I'd had the video camera with me instead - it was so fun to watch them jump and prance and PLAY around with each other, which I obviously didn't catch very well in stills.

c5
But eventually, Piper got a little too close


c8
and it was Rainbow's turn to turn chicken


c9
and he went running off to tell his friends

d1
word got around...


d2
... and they decided to send in the bigger Billy Goat Gruff.


d3
Piper-the-Brave was undaunted.

Until...

d4
they sent in the Biggest Billy Goat Gruff.

d5
"Retreat!"


d6
"Oh yeah, take that you big bullies!"


d8
"Bull-ies. Heh, heh, heh. I kill myself."


Photobucket
See more PLAY captured at today's You Capture Challenge.

See more of the continuing adventures of cows and Super-Piper here.



13 comments:

  1. hehehehehe! great post! and i love the close ups of piper! your babies are sooooo cute! i want to come play :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shots -- such rich color. I'm taking my daughter to my grandparents' farm this weekend, and now I'm more excited than ever. They raise beef cattle, so we've seen our fair share of babies, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the brown ones too!!! My husband always looks at me like an idiot when we drive past a field and I point out all the brown cows. Great shots :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun!! Great shots. You can tell that they were playing in these pictures, but I bet it so fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. stop it, i'm dying of the cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The calves are so cute! I have this fondness for cows for some reason. :) And your dog is beautiful! Love it.

    I found you on You Capture, just thought I'd say hello!

    -Echo
    Barely Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your narration. Sweet babies, calves and pup alike! =>

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hilarious!!!! So funny, but a beautiful photo story, I loved it, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's a crack-up!
    I love it when the calves are born and running around together playing. They really are fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. we love the baby calves here too! so much fun to watch...and adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...