Monday, February 21, 2011

Birthday Vacation, part 3: Swan Walk


a1
We stayed pretty busy celebrating family birthdays on a recent trip to New Jersey to visit family, but with all the snow on the ground, us Southerners couldn't resist a few walks around the neighborhood to check it all out.

And the snow was great, but the best part of the walk was reaching the water...
a2
...where we found all sorts of beachy treasures...

a4


...the most amazing of which were the multitude of swans:
a4a

a6
(those aren't waves in the background, but more swans)


a5
We don't have swans 'round our parts, so we were fascinated.

a8
The mallards were pretty, too.


b1
but, wow, those swans were breathtaking.

b2


b3
(my husband went back a second day and took many of these pictures - thanks, hunny!)

b4


b5

b6

b7












Check out more from around the world at the Communal Global link-up!

More from NJ next time,

12 comments:

  1. Oh my word Casey! I have never seen so many swans in my life. Seriously. WOW! I am glad you had a fun time on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Casey! I have never entered anything over at the Trendy Treehouse but I was just at another Communal Global link up and the girl said it was dimples week at the trendy treehouse. I thought of you right away since your girls have the BEST dimples I know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures :D We went to a 'swannery' during our summer holidays this year. They are really beautiful aren't they :D My pics are here; http://bit.ly/i7EaF7 It's a place where they nuture them ~ they are not at all captive, it's just a great place for them to hang-out! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! That's a lot of swans. It must have been amazing to see that many in one place.

    I love that shot of the mallards. They're so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful trip to the beach! I've never seen so many swans in one place... they are breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! So you wereup by my neck of the woods in Jersey! Hope you at least had a great time, even if the weather was a little chillier that you are use to :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Swans are so lovely, but I think that might have been "swan overload". Great captures-love the contrast of blue and white

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, the pictures are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is amazing to have so many swans in one place. Wow! Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That IS a lot of swans! We have some at our local zoo, but not that many - awesome! Love the picture of the shells...are those clams?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never seen so many swans! I was excited to have open water here for a few days , but it is cold here again and the lakes are re-freezing. That's OK, spring starts in 27 days!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this! I'm living in Scotland, but am originally from Jersey . . .your collages are wonderful. (http://walkandalie.com)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...