Sunday, March 27, 2011

Twinkle

DSC_0065
Here's a few more pics from my daughters' Suzuki concert with the "big orchestra".

DSC_0076
There are usually only about 5 or 6 students in their violin class, so they were thrilled to get the chance to play with such a big group when kids from other area schools visited to rehearse together.

DSC_0058
Honestly, they were both beginning to get a little bored with the violin, but after playing with the local professional orchestra last weekend, they are raring to go again.

DSC_0066


DSC_0166
That's a lot of little violins!

DSC_0167

DSC_0170

DSC_0183

DSC_0196
(Big sister peeks to make sure little sister is playing the right note).

DSC_0179
We've been listening to the girls play Twinkle Variations for two years now.

v1

v2
I have to say, last weekend it all paid off.

DSC_0202


DSC_0231
Before the performance...

DSC_0236

v4
(and after).


Here's a (shaky (sorry, mom here may have been a little blubbery)) video of the performance, if you're interested:














See what else is going on around the world today at the Communal Global linkup!

10 comments:

  1. Looks like they were well-prepared for their performance! Love the excitement I see in their eyes. All their hard work paid off. Job well done! Your photos definitely tell the story. =)

    Thanks for linking up with us at CG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - look at those budding musicians! Great pics and they sounded great.

    Tamar - from community global

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Casey, that video was the icing on the cake after your beautiful still pictures...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable! I have an older violinist, but I think these little ones are much cuter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love to see children get involved with the arts. That was a great concert.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know why, but that first photo just grabbed me! Love the feel to it. And I love how you isolated the girls towards the end in the b&w and color shots. What an awesome experience for them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting. They did such a great job... they sound wonderful! I love that they have flowers at the end! Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was balling through the whole thing! Great job girls, I'm so proud of you. It's so wonderful to see the power of music inspire you. Can't wait to see you soon! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That IS a lot of violins! Wow! Your girls are so stinkin' adorable, I can imagine why they make you all blubbery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome stuff right there, casey! you should be proud! your girls did a marvelous job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...