Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Relatives Came: Final Edition

d1
The relatives have come and gone and it is way too quiet around here now.  But I've been lingering and reliving it all with these last few pictures from their visit, then it's on to massive, lock-down school planning.  School starts next week - eep!

d2
New cotton candy machine fun

d3
Ce Ce, being her usual hospitable self with our guests.

d4
And Piper, just trying to stay cool under the porch.

d5
Princess badminton

d6

d7
BeachPea had so much fun hanging with her cousin.  They were joined at the hip all week.

d8
Thank you, Grumpy, for the new play pool!


d9
Pretty Kai, Lolo's doggie, watches the action.

d9a

d9b

d9f

d9g
In the treehouse


d9c
Chicken fun


d9e

d9h
Sillies


d9i

d9j
Cousin Jax made the most amazing chicken pastry dish ever for us one night.  And here were are recuperating from stuffing ourselves on the porch afterwards.  I'm still drooling over that dish.

d9l

d9m
So fun to get out my kids' old toddler toys for my niece.  It brought back sweet memories.

d9k
Time for my sister and niecy to go home, but not before one more round of ring-around-the-rosie and The Wheels on the Bus on the bed.


z1
Then it was back for badminton (sort of)


z2
and lunch at the chinese buffet (yum!)  (This relatively calm picture was taken at the table moments before son tried wasabi for the first time.  Things weren't so quiet afterwards).


z3
a (very intense) game of backporch scrabble.


z4
The Last Supper.


z5
followed by Aunt Lolo's glow bracelet fun.

So fun to get to visit with everyone!  Come back soon!

(Thanks again to Aunt Lolo for sharing some of the pics for this post!!  We make a good team :)).


(Speaking of family, our other cousins were on TV last night.  They did a great job, and I know their family story will inspire many. We're so proud of them :)).  


5 comments:

  1. It looks like you had such a fun time.
    I am trying to imagine 18 children... OH MY GOODNESS. I can't even imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've absolutely loved seeing all your pictures - you have a great family :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey look! I can post! I love that porch pic of everyone, it looks like a perfect summer evening picture. ANd the wasabi story cracks me up! I love the stuff but WOW does it get all up in your kitchen! I hope he isn't forever traumatized! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. my favorite is the dog following the chicken around :) hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun to have family around! I wish our family did more than just the weekend reunion camp-out each year. Hmmmmm . . . I might need to get on that ;) We watch the Duggars ~ one of the only shows we really watch, and LOVE seeing the Bates' when they are on. They seem so kind and dedicated.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...