Saturday, April 28, 2012

Home again, home again, jiggidy jig

DSC_0384
As painfully hard as it was to leave the beach, it's always nice to come home to a Spring farm, with lots of green, and flowers that grew bigger while we were gone, and to reunite with our family and animals we left behind.

DSC_0393

DSC_0360

DSC_0365

DSC_0345

DSC_0350

DSC_0470

DSC_0374

DSC_0394

DSC_0377


But the best part about coming home this time was when, 3 days after we got home, we walked in to the girls' bedroom to discover a big suprise...

DSC_0467

IMG_1980
Four new members of the farm!

DSC_0473


DSC_0483
I admit that I felt really guilty for not getting Ce Ce spayed on time.  Ce Ce, who was not even born herself this time last year.  I miscalculated her age by a little, and missed the opportunity to get her spayed before a pretty black stray cat turned up in our yard.  I know that there are so many kitties waiting for homes in shelters, and I really didn't mean to add to the cat overpopulation.


DSC_0684
But gosh, ya'll, there is nothing like watching baby kitties grow.  I'm glad my kids got to experience it once.  And the takers we've had so far for the kittens are ones that wouldn't have gone to the shelter to get another kitten anyway, so hopefully these guys won't be taking homes that would have gone to other homeless babies.  And we'll keep any extras here on the farm, you know, if we HAVE to. :)

DSC_0489

DSC_0491

DSC_0495

DSC_0324

DSC_0326

DSC_0334

DSC_0688

DSC_0407

DSC_0411

DSC_0417
We are dying of cute around here.

DSC_0401
We've also had a lot of fun with the Bates cousins here on the farm.  But I'll have to wait for a little while to tell you about those adventures.  Tell ya' why later. :)

6 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS! They are so cute. So, so cute. I am excited the kids get to see this : ). I love your disclaimer. You are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! And, though I agree about spaying/neutering pets, I think it is a great thing for kids to experience once. I didn't experience until I was 19! It was an amazing time being around those little kittens. When we actually get moved out to our farm, maybe we'll have to have just ONE litter. :-) We can keep some of them, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those kittens are so adorable!!! I would probably have a hard time letting them go :) Do we have to wait until a special airs on TV to find out about adventures with the Bates cousins ;) Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, gosh. Cute, cute cute! What a great surprise to come home to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had kittens when I was growing up...I can hear them purring in my mind! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had a momma cat show up to our little farm and deliver 5 kittens. It was so much for the girls to watch them grow up. I haven't found homes for them yet, but my mice population has gone away completely! Can't wait to see all the fun you had with the cousins ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...